2024-08-06

A Titan, a Blue Jay and a Hall of Fame

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2018 Panini Certified Football - Mirror Silver parallel #150 featuring Harold Landry of the Tennessee Titans.


I appear to be the only person who has this card in their collection on TCDB, although oddly, I didn't submit the image so where it came from who knows. I own serial number 305 out of the 499. Must confess I really don't know much about Mr. Landry, but looking him up, I see he still plays for the Titans, so he's had a decent enough run in the NFL. Might be time to track down a Boston College card of his for my ATR project.


I currently own 3 Landry cards and 124 Tennessee Titans cards


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2017 Bowman Draft - Class of 2017 Autographs insert # C17A-LW featuring Logan Warmoth of the Toronto Blue Jays. Favourite as it was a first card of him for the Blue Jays ATR and a first auto of his, even if I'm not a big auto chaser.


Warmoth was a first round pick of the Jays that year, but has never appeared in a MLB game. He's still grinding it out in the minors. Looking it up, he's with the Mariners Double A club right now hitting a robust .193. After putting up a .091 at AAA in Tacoma, getting released and a .100 at Reno this year. Guessing that MLB debut might have to wait a while.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,137 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card featuring the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario Canada. This is its previous location on the grounds of the Canadian National Exhibition along the Toronto waterfront, it has since moved to a new building in downtown Toronto.


This card is unwritten and I bought it, although I don't recall where. I currently own, or at least have catalogued 566 postcards from Canada.


2 comments:

  1. That's a nice looking Landry. I love the postcard of the old HHOF. It looks like an old high school or telephone company HQ or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people steal scans from eBay for the TCDB, so that's probably where your mystery scan came from.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...