2024-08-05

A Bruin, a Ranger and a Canal

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2003 Parkhurst Original Six - Boston #71featuring Joe Thornton.


It is easy to forget just how long Thornton played in the NHL, he was kind of under the radar for a long time in San Jose. But dude is 7th all-time in NHL assists (BTW if someone asked you who was 2nd, would you get the right answer?). Shame he never won a Cup, especially later in his career as his Day with the Cup would have been epic. But he does have an Olympic Gold, and 2 Canada/World Cups to his name. Tend to forget he was good for so long he was on 2016 World Cup winning team.


I currently own 64 Thornton cards and 1,011 Boston Bruins cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2021 Upper Deck - UD Canvas #C92 featuring Zac Jones of the New York Rangers.


I don't own too many Canvas Young Guns, but do like the Canvas inserts and will generally pick them up if reasonably priced at a show.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none as time spent on cards went to tasks other than cataloguing.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,128 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card from Nyhavn in Copenhagen, Denmark.


Nyhavn is one of the main canals in the centre of Copenhagen leading out to the sea. You don't want to know how much an apartment there goes for. I'm surprised it took Random.org this long to select a Danish postcard as it is the nation I have the largest collection of. (in reality when I finally finish catching up on fully cataloguing my collection, I suspect Canada will be my largest volume, but for now it is Denmark).

 I would have bought this card when I lived in Copenhagen. I currently own 698 postcards from Denmark.

In closing, Happy 'We need a long weekend in August' day to my fellow Canucks. Stay cool and safe.



4 comments:

  1. Big fan of Big Joe. As a Sharks fan... I wholeheartedly agree that it's a shame he never won a Cup. They were so good for so long (and he was a huge part of their success), but they just couldn't get over the hump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool post card. I just want to see it in person

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...