2024-08-04

A Sun, A Ranger and a Church

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. 2019 Hoops Premium Stock #254 featuring Jalen Lecque of the Phoenix Suns.


According to the writeup on the back he compares athletically to Russell Westbrook. Well, I looked it up, he's played a grand total of 9 NBA games. He is still playing in the G-League. Maybe a year or two of college ball wasn't such a bad idea after all (he declared for the draft straight out of high school).

9 NBA games played, 255 cards produced according to TCDB. Sounds about right , sigh...

I currently own 1 Lecque card and 146 Phoenix Suns cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2008 Upper Deck - Spectacular Saves #SAVE-3 insert of Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers. Hank was born to be a Ranger and live in Manhattan, but you can only dream if he could have carried another team to a Cup.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

My all-time roster project now stands at 15,128 combinations.

My random postcard of the day is this card from Israel featuring the Dome of the Rock church in Jerusalem. This card was received via an exchange on an online postcard swap forum. I currently own 12 postcards from Israel.


I just yesterday picked up a lot of approximately 500 postcards for pennies a piece. It will be a while to scan, catalogue etc them and for any to show up here. Bulk lots of postcards can be found, but not as numerous by any means as say bulk card lots.



2 comments:

  1. Do you try to buy similarly themed bulk postcard lots, or just grab mixed lots if the price is right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally just mixed. I don't see thematic lots too often, and given the costs of shipping postcards I'm generally only buying locally that I can pick up.

      There is far less risk of duplication than with sports cards

      Delete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...