2024-09-03

A Card I Should Have Saved for Friday the 13th, Uncle Larry and Doing it the Old Fashioned Way

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2012 In the Game Between the Pipes #144 featuring Bernie Parent of the Philadelphia Flyers.


Oddly that's the 2nd card from this set to be picked by the randomizer in a couple of weeks. All I can say is he's no Gerry Cheevers, at least in terms of artistic styling.


I have catalogued in my collection 4 Parent cards and 811 Philadelphia Flyers cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2023 Topps Holiday #H44 featuring Andrew McCutchen of the Pittsburgh Pirates.


Why ? Because it's Uncle Larry. That's all that needs to be said about it.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were



My All-time roster project now stands at



My random postcard of the day is this card from Ontario Canada featuring a Mennonite farmer


We don't have Amish in Canada like in the US, but the Mennonites are a similar faith. Their faith beliefs are similar, but the Mennonites are generally more accepting of modern technologies, such as allowing electricity and phones. Even motorized vehicles are permitted, although many still do maintain the practice of horse-drawn buggies.

There are actually more Mennonites in the US than in Canada, and most Mennonite communities here actually emigrated from the US in the early part of the 19th century.

I currently have 566 postcards from Canada catalogued in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Hockey has never been for me, but I do enjoy seeing some of the older masks.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...