2024-09-04

A Shark, A Fantasy Baseball Legend and the Construction Project from Hell

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2023 O-Pee-Chee #283 featuring Noah Gregor of the San Jose Sharks.


I'm an OPC fan, it's the roots of collecting, not the hit driven mania of too many sets these days. Gregor's already moved on, he spent last season with the Leafs, we'll always have fond memories of the Noah Gregor era here. And he's already gone away to Ottawa as a free agent. I'm sure his role here will be filled by another anonymous dude on a PTO, Steven Lorentz any one ?


I have catalogued in my collection 1 Gregor card and 680 San Jose Sharks cards. Gregor got a Young Guns, then has completely disappeared from Upper Deck flagship, he's been in OPC the last 2 years. looking it up I see he has Team Canada cards which I'll need to track down one of.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1986 Topps #769 featuring Harold Reynolds of the Seattle Mariners.


Came in the post via a TCDB trade yesterday. I always smile when I think of Reynolds, thinking back to a fantasy baseball draft I was in where a guy said "I'm going to take a surprise guy with the #4 overall pick in the draft. I think he's a steal for me', who then proceeded to take Reynolds. Needless to say, he didn't win the fantasy league.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,070 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Barcelona, Spain featuring the Sagrada Familia Cathedral.


At this point, it's an open contest to see which project will be done first, the Cathedral or the road construction in Toronto. The Cathedral has a century head start, but the pace of the road projects in Toronto makes it a strong contender to not yet be done before the sun goes supernova.


I currently have 21 postcards from Spain catalogued in my collection.

3 comments:

  1. I always liked Harold Reynolds. And I'm not sure why Lorentz couldn't get a guaranteed contract after helping the Cats win the Cup, but I have a feeling he'll fare better than Noah Gregor In Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't matter who they sign for their 4th line. As long as they have to play with Ryan Reaves, they'll look horrible trying to cover up all his defensive nightmares.

      They could convince Patrice Bergeron to unretire and he'd still look bad with Reaves as a winger.

      Delete
  2. I thought a postcard of the Panama Canal was gonna represent your "Construction project from Hell".

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...