2024-08-03

A Raven (again), a Bruin and a Rock

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. 2012 Topps Platinum Football #53 featuring Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens.


Rather odd that Random.org not only picks 2 football cards in a row when it is the least focused sport in my collection, but even 2 guys from the same team. Honestly, I was happier to get one of his Delaware cards for my ATR project (see below), although I have to admit to being shocked that I owned a Delaware Blue Hens card and it wasn't Flacco. Anyway a card of a guy who probably falls into the 'Hall of Very Good' category for today.

I currently own 3 Flacco cards and 135 Baltimore Ravens cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2017 Upper Deck Trilogy - Blue Foil #44 featuring Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins.


I don't PC Bergeron (or anyone really), but he falls into a small group of players who if I see a reasonable card of theirs I will pick it up. I actually own more Bergeron cards than any other athlete. Even as a Leafs fan, I can admire what a hell of a good hockey player he was.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

  • Delaware Blue Hens (football) player #2 - Joe Flacco

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,123 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card from Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada featuring Turtle Rock. Algonquin Park is one of my favourite spots in the world. 



I usually try to take at least 2 hiking trips there a year to do wildlife photography. Maybe I should add a random wildlife photo I have taken to the blog, I guess seeking out new species is a form of collecting ? Just with more sunburn and bug bites than cards. I would have bought this card in the park, and it is unwritten. I currently own 566 postcards from Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...