2024-08-02

A Raven, a Jayhawk and a Church

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. 2022 Score Football #188 featuring Justin Tucker of the Baltimore Ravens. Kickers don't get a lot of card love, but I guess if you are a future Hall of Famer maybe your chances of cardboard immortalization are greater. Of the 4 major sports in North America, I'm probably the least interested in football, and the depth of my collection shows that.



Nevertheless, 5 days into the blog, and Random.org has managed to select a card from each major sport.

I currently own 5 Tucker cards and 135 Baltimore Ravens cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2022 Bowman Chrome University Basketball - 2009 Bowman insert featuring Gradey Dick of the Kansas Jayhawks. Why is it my daily favourite ? Well 3 reasons: I enjoy licensed university cards, he's now a Raptor, and let's be honest mainly because I am and remain a child. As they say, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.




New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:


My All-time roster project now stands at 15,122 combinations. The addition of my first Oregon State Beavers basketball card (how do I not have a Gary Payton, but that's a different question) means there are now 947 different teams represented.



My random postcard of the day is this card featuring St. George's Church in Nordlingen, Bavaria, Germany. Churches represent the largest thematic collection and personal interest in my postcard collection. I acquired this card in a swap with a fellow online collector. I currently own 245 postcards from Germany.



2 comments:

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...