2024-08-07

A Blue, a Star and a Galaxy Far Far Away

Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2019 SP Authentic #25 featuring Brayden Schenn of the St. Louis Blues. 



I know SP Authentic is more about the Future Watch than the base, so to me their designs are either really nice or miss the boat. This falls into the second group for me. At least Schenn was coming off a season where he was a key contributor to a Cup Winner. That Blues team is one of the odder Cup winners recently, probably don't even have a single Hall of Famer on it. Who was their best player ? Ryan O'Reilly maybe.

Full disclosure, this was actually spin #2 of the Random.org wheel for the day, but the first result was of a player too icky to feature and who deserves no recognition at all.

I currently own 35 Schenn cards and 816 St. Louis Blues cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2006 Upper Deck McDonald's - Hot gloves insert #HG8 featuring Marty Turco of the Dallas Stars.


Honestly, I have zero recollection at all of this insert set so didn't recognize it when it came out of a 'goalie mix' I bought. Apparently it is the only one of the ten in the set I own. Turco put up some really good numbers in his career, but never really comes to mind as an elite keeper. Likely down to his doing it during an ultra defensive era.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none. Yesterday was a day for my postcard collection.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,137 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card from the USA featuring the ARP 273 galaxies as photographed by the Hubble Space Telescope. The blog post title is what they call clickbait ;-)



While an American made postcard, this card was actually sent to me from Ukraine via an online postcard exchange group. It is written and stamped. Depending on your perspective, I currently own 88 postcards from Ukraine and 340 from the USA.

1 comment:

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...