2024-08-08

A Ranger, a Canadien and a Parrot

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2019 Upper Deck #88 featuring Filip Chytil of the New York Rangers.


This card comes from what I consider to be a stretch of some of the worst designs in UD flagship memory. For about 3 years there the designs were awful, just silver foil and generic photos. 2019 is in the running for the worst of the lot.

I wonder if Mr. Chytil and I share long lost relatives. We effectively share a last name, if spelled differently, and he's from a town only a couple of hundred kilometers from where my ancestors were from.

I currently own 10 Chytil cards and 870 New York Ranger cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2008 Upper Deck - Sophomore Sensations #SS3 featuring Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens.


It came out of the same goalie mystery pack as the Turco from yesterday. Not quite peak Price card greatness, for that it needs to feature his fire engine red pads of later in his career, but a fine addition to the collection nevertheless.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,142 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from New Zealand featuring a Kea parrot.


Given the relatively few numbers of New Zealand cards I own, odd that Random.org would pull another so soon, but the random Gods want what the random Gods want. This card is written and was received via an online postcard exchange group. Like I said on the prior, any card featuring native flora or fauna is a winner to me. I currently own 19 postcards from New Zealand.


2 comments:

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...