2024-08-09

A Devil, a Clipper and a Chapel

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2021 O-Pee-Chee #368 featuring Nolan Foote of the New Jersey Devils.


I know some folks aren't too hot on O-Pee-Chee perceiving it to not be 'hit driven' enough, but I really like it. The true cardboard stock takes me back to the first cards I collected, and I appreciate the larger more complete player coverage than is found in many sets.

Foote has been the very definition of injury snakebit and his career hasn't really launched as a result. The best thing about this card however is that it isn't of his brother.

I currently own 9 Foote cards and 694 New Jersey Devil cards


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2019 Panini Crown Royale - Crown Autographs Rookies #CR-MFK featuring Mfiondu Kabengele of the Los Angeles Clippers.


I'm not really a big auto chaser, but he qualifies as Can-Con so I picked it up. He had a very nice collegiate career at Florida State, but never really established himself at the NBA level bouncing around 3 teams as an end of the bench type. He's currently playing in the Greek league for AEK Athens after a spell in Italy.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none, spent time working on other tasks.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,142 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Russia featuring the Iver Chapel in Moscow. Or to use its full name the The Chapel of Iverian Icon of Our Lady.



It sits at one of the gates to Red Square. The chapel was destroyed by the communist regime in the 1930's to allow military parades, but was rebuilt in the 1990's. So this card shows the replacement version. This card is written and was received via an online postcard exchange group. Sending and receiving cards via online exchange remains very popular in certain European nations, in particular Russia, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands stand out. Not surprisingly they have amongst the lowest postage rates in Europe.

I currently own 195 postcards from Russia.

2 comments:

  1. Let's go Devils! I don't think Nolan is every going to be an NHL regular - though I'd take him over his brother rn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young Mfiondu could use some work on that signature of his.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...