2024-08-10

A Flame, a Sabre and some Spacecraft

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2017 O-Pee-Chee - Playing Cards 8 of hearts featuring Johnny Gaudreau of the Calgary Flames.


I've never really made it a point to chase the playing card inserts, not sure why, maybe just a bit too gimmicky for me. I hope Johnny Hockey is enjoying life in Columbus. Kind of feels like he left a sinking ship in Calgary for one that never floated to begin with.

I currently own 43 Gaudreau cards and 773 Calgary Flames cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2021 Upper Deck SPx - UD Black Obsidian Rookies #OR-28 featuring Arttu Ruotsalainen of the Buffalo Sabres. Why thisone, just think it's a cool looking card which caught my eye at the last show I attended as I had never seen this particular design before



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none, those pesky things called work and chores got in the way.



My All-time roster project now stands at 15,176 combinations (which is a change from yesterday despite cataloguing no cards due to some database cleanup work)


My random postcard of the day is this card from the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio, USA featuring 2 Gemini space capsules.


This postcard is unwritten and was received via a trade on an online postcard exchange group. Space themed cards, either related to the manned space program or astronomy as a science are always going to be a big hit with me. I currently own, or at least have catalogued 340 postcards from the USA.


1 comment:

  1. Cool postcard. Big fan of space related cards and postcards.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...