2024-08-11

Some Canadians, a Penguin and a House of Something Rotten

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 1991 Future Trends Canada '72 #60 featuring Team Canada players on the front (shown) and Soviet players on the back.


I guess it was only a matter of time until Random.org picked some junk wax, so here it is. Not really my cup of tea as a set, maybe it would resonate more with me were I able to remember the Summit Series, but its just highlights for me.


I currently own 406 cards featuring Team Canada players.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2006 Upper Deck Beehive #21 featuring Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins.


I do kind of like this set, and probably should work on further completing it. It's old-timey enough looking without being gimmicky like say Allen & Ginter to hit the sweet spot.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were



My All-time roster project now stands at



My random postcard of the day is this card from Helsingor in Denmark featuring Kronborg Castle.



Helsingor castle is of course notable as the setting for Hamlet. It's also the resting place of Ogier the Dane who sleeps there until he is needed to rescue Denmark.

This card is unwritten, and I would have bought it myself when living in Denmark. I currently own 698 postcards from Denmark.

1 comment:

  1. Love the postcard. Do you have any showing other parts of the castle as well?

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...