2024-08-12

A Penguin, a Seagull and a Subway

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2023 Tim Hortons Legends - Canvas Legends #CL-10 featuring Mario Lemieux of the Pittsburgh Penguins.


Random.org seems to be on a hockey kick as I think this is now 6 days in a row where our random has drawn a hockey card. Not surprising since hockey is the largest segment in my collection. Sometimes card companies stretch things just a bit in 'legends' etc type inserts, but I'm gonna say they got this one right. I managed to pull 14 of the 15 cards in the set. Is it too corny to say the hole in my set is the man himself Tim Horton ?


I currently own 53 Lemieux cards and 777 Pittsburgh Penguins cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2022 Panini Select Premier League #250 featuring Evan Ferguson of Brighton & Hove Albion. 


Picked by virtue of being the 1000th soccer card I've logged into my collection. The team I support isn't in the English Premier League, but that league obviously gets the most coverage here in Canada, and if there is a team I can say I support in that league, it would be Brighton. So that would explain picking the card up. Sounds like Ferguson may be on his way out the door to Man Utd. Such is life as a selling club. If they get 50 million for him, history suggests they'll use it wisely.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none. Hopefully can get a little cataloguing done tomorrow.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,176 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Toronto showing a M-1 class TTC subway train.


Trains are cool, train postcards are cool. I bought this card at a local(ish) railway museum. Rail museums are cool too. I have currently catalogued 566 postcards from Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...