2024-08-13

A Devil, an Angel and a Boat

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2019 Parkhurst #121 featuring Cory Schneider of the New Jersey Devils


I enjoyed Parkhurst as a set. Not quite as much as O-Pee-Chee, but the more simple approach is a reminder of what to me the hobby is about. Why Upper Deck needed to kill off an affordable set and turn it into a e-Pack only when they still release what seems like 25 high end sets I don't know. Well, I think I do know, but it sucks nonetheless.

I see Schneider is from Massachusetts, I'd have sworn he was Canadian, but I'm likely confusing him with Corey Hirsch.

I currently own 18 Schneider cards and 698 New Jersey Devils cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2022 Topps x Bobby Witt Jr. Crown Collection - Green Rainbow #2 featuring Jo Adell of the Los Angeles Angels.


It feels like Adell has been a prospect for about a decade. It also feels like he's never going to establish himself. Why this card as a favourite, well, it's one of those cards that when you see it in the box, you think, what the heck is that from. And then you look it up on TCDB and wonder how in the world a card from a set like that ended up in a dollar box in southern Ontario. Plus, what better pairing for today with a Devil?


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none. I continue to spend time working on other things, in particular enhancements to  my collection backup database.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,176 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card from the United States showing a boat which seems a little past its best years.


There is no information on this card about the boat, if it is significant, the location of the photograph or anything. Perhaps it's just done as a postcard for the melancholy of the photo. This card is written and was received via a trade on an online postcard exchange forum. Currently I have 340 postcards from the United States catalogued.

1 comment:

  1. Despite the lack of information, it is still a neat looking boat.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...