2024-08-14

A Thunderbird, a Senator and a Place You've Never Heard of

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2021 Upper Deck AHL #25 featuring Sam Anas of the Springfield Thunderbirds.


Anas have never made it to the NHL. It seems likely that dream is over since at last look he is playing in Belarus now (yikes). This card would have been perfection had he been a member of the Anaheim Ducks organization, not the Blues. Birdwatchers will get that.

I currently own 1 Anas card and 12 Springfield Thunderbirds cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2007 Upper Deck Trilogy #69 featuring Ray Emery of the Ottawa Senators.


Emery's tale is a tragic one. He was from my hometown. He had a decent enough career, but sadly was found drowned in Lake Ontario a few years ago in a park where I at times take my dogs to walk.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:



My All-time roster project now stands at 15,178 combinations. 



My random postcard of the day is this card from Balti, Moldova featuring the St. Nicholas Church.


Apparently while an Orthodox church, much of the architecture borrows from Catholic churches. This card is both written and stamped and was received via a swap in an online postcard exchange forum. I currently have 10 postcards from Moldova catalogued.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...