2024-08-15

A Mariner, a Canadien/hat model and some Stained Glass

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2022 Topps #206 featuring Kyle Lewis of the Seattle Mariners.


Finally after a long run of hockey, Random.org pulls us a different sport. Lewis certainly had an interesting career path. From unanimous Rookie of the Year to out of professional baseball (for performance/talent reasons, not legal or otherwise) in less than 4 years. Modern day Joe Charbonneau as it were. Sorry to any Mariners fans reading this for the reminder.

I currently own 18 Lewis cards and 393 Seattle Mariners cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2006 Be a Player - Up Close and Personal insert UC11 featuring Cristobal Huet of the Montreal Canadiens.


Just for the general creepiness of it and making me wonder how many 1.50 meter, 130kg guys are using that photo on their online dating profile.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,192 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Paris showing Notre-Dame Cathedral.


Obviously this would have been produced before the 2019 fire that damaged much of the building. I believe the reconstruction work is close to complete with a reopening scheduled for December. This card is written and was received through an exchange on an online postcard forum. Currently I have 109 catalogued cards from France in my collection.

3 comments:

  1. Dang. I didn't realize Lewis was out of baseball. Figured he was in the minors trying to come back one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, seems no one signed him after the D-Backs released him. On the one hand, he's 29 and had multiple consecutive truly awful seasons. Teams have to wonder if there is any chance of turning him around.

      On the other hand Triple-A isn't a development league anymore, it's a stash guys you hope can get you through a 10 day emergency league, so why not take a flyer?

      Delete
  2. I don't follow current sports happenings anymore, but do remember hearing a lot of hype about Kyle Lewis through the blogs. I hadn't heard anyone mention his apparent quick fade into obscurity though.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...