2024-08-16

A Maple Leaf (legend), A Bruin (also a Leafs legend) and 2 Cranes (not Leaf Legends)

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 1993 Score Black's Toronto Maple Leafs Pop-ups #15 featuring Bill Berg.


I'd been trying to find a copy of this card for years, without success, I mean I'm guessing I'm the only person on TCDB with Berg listed as one of their favourite players. One time I saw the full set on offer, but for an outrageous price. Then I was doing a trade with another local TCDB member and saw they had it for offer, and very generously they sent it to me as a PIF. Shout out to the great TCDB community.


I currently own 18 Berg cards and 1,739 Toronto Maple Leafs cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2003 Topps C55 #43 featuring Felix Potvin of the Boston Bruins.


Why ? Because it's The Cat. Nuff said. Although Felix just doesn't look right in any uniform other than the Leafs. Vancouver, Los Angeles, the Islanders don't look right, but a Bruins uniform is especially jarring. 


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:


My All-time roster project now stands at 15,19 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Malaysia (at least sent from there) featuring 2 Eurasian Cranes.


There is nothing on the card to indicate where it was printed. Despite being sent from there, it's unlikely it was actually produced in Malaysia as the species is not found there. The card is written and was received through a trade on an online postcard exchange forum. I currently have 23 postcards catalogued from Malaysia in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. That 1993 Score Black's Maple Leafs pop-up card is really cool. Never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume they were local to the Toronto area. Black's is/was a camera shop chain. Not sure if they are still around.

      Not sure how they were distributed. Buy a camera, get a pack seems pretty inefficient. Maybe you got the whole set with a large enough purchase.

      Delete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...