2024-08-17

A Coyote, a Canuck and a Really Creepy Way to Spend Eternity

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2016 Upper Deck - UD Portraits #P-73 featuring Jacob Chychrun of the Arizona Coyotes.


I have no idea what to make of Chychrun as a player. Trying to figure out if defensemen on bad teams are the cause of them being a bad team, or a victim of being on a bad team is above my hockey IQ. If you want the answer to the question, ask a Buffalo Sabres fan, they should be experts at it by now.


I currently own 18 Chychrun cards and 293 Arizona Coyotes cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1997 Upper Deck #375 featuring Kirk McLean of the Vancouver Canucks.


No special attachment to McLean, just thought it was an eye-catching card.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,196 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from the Sedlec Abbey Ossuary in Kutna Hora, Czechia.



Yes, those are bones. The bones of an estimated 40 to 70,000 people are used for display in the church. The famous chandelier in the church contains one of every bone in the human body. This however is the coat of Arms of the Schwarzenberg who paid the the 19th century to 'organize' the church and its remains. This card is unwritten, and I bought it when visiting the church. I currently have 295 cards catalogued from Czechia/Czechoslovakia in my collection.

4 comments:

  1. Lovers of the macabre would probably disagree with me, but I've long thought that Ossuary's were extremely disrespectful to the dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least in the case of Sedlec there were actually religious reasons why it was a highly desired and pious place to be buried.

      Turning it into a tourist attraction. Maybe less so

      Delete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...