2024-08-18

A Dodger, a Bruin and a Cathedral

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter - Hometown Heroes insert #HH-37 featuring Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers.


Have to admit, I'm not a fan at all of Allen & Ginter, to me it just seems like badly forced nostalgia. But Kershaw is one of only likely 2 or 3 baseball players whose cards I will always grab if they are reasonable which explains having this one. 


I currently own 55 Kershaw cards and 588 Los Angeles Dodgers cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1999 Topps Stadium Club Hockey - Goalie Cam insert #GC3 featuring Byron Dafoe of the Boston Bruins.


You don't really think of Stadium Club as hockey brand, but they had a good run for about a decade. This is an interesting card because it actually folds open to show a larger photo printed on the inside. Kind of a precursor to the booklets of today, only just photography, no relic or autograph.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:


My All-time roster project now stands at 15,204 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Velehrad, Czechia featuring the Basilica of St. Cyrillus and Metodius.


So Random.org keeps us in Czechia for the 2nd consecutive day. The church is the most important Christian pilgrimage site in Czechia. This card is unwritten and was received through a swap on an online postcard exchange forum. I currently have 295 catalogued postcards from Czechia/Czechoslovakia.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love 90's sports card ingenuity. Some of the most creative and interesting cards were from that era.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...