2024-08-28

An Ugly Sweater, a Classic Sweater and a Really Big Bellyflop

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2003 Upper Deck #438 featuring Peter Bondra of the Washington Capitals.


Nice card design, another truly awful jersey. Bondra was a better player (if kind of one-dimensional) than you likely remember. I'm guessing if someone asked you to list off the members of the 500 goal club, his name would not come to mind, but he's a member.

I currently own 20 Bondra cards and 767 Washington Capitals cards



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2000 Pacific Private Stock #53 featuring Jose Theodore of the Montreal Canadiens. Figure if Random.org is gonna hit me with an ugly sweater, I will balance it with a classic. Wrong team of course, but you've gotta respect the classic threads.




New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:

  • Chicago Cubs player #136 - Trey Mancini
  • Chicago Cubs player #137 - Harold Ramirez
  • Cleveland Indians player #116 - Domingo Santana
  • Pittsburgh Pirates player #182 - Endy Rodriguez
  • San Francisco Giants player #129 - Grant McCray
  • Tampa Bay Rays player #89 - Kyle Manzardo
  • Arizona Coyotes player #71 - Justin Hodgman
  • Philadelphia Flyers player #162 - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare
  • Toronto Maple Leafs player #331 - Brandon Kozun

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,040 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Australia featuring a breeching Humpback Whale.


This card is written and was received through a swap on an online postcard exchange forum. I currently have 30 postcards from Australia catalogued in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know he reached 500... but I definitely knew Bondra was a scorer. Loved 90's hockey, following all of the stars, and collecting all of the cards.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...