2024-08-27

A Met, A Hidden Classic of Hockey Hair and a Moose

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2017 Topps #19 featuring David Wright of the New York Mets.


Quite possibly one of the ugliest sets Topps has ever produced. Wright strikes me as a guy who pulled off the hard to achieve feat of being both underappreciated and overrated at the same time. It would have been interesting to see what kind of career he could have put up without the injuries.


I currently own 7 Wright cards and 472 New York Mets cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1990 Topps #204 featuring Daren Puppa of the Buffalo Sabres. 



Yesterday I said give me the classic Blue and Gold, so I figured I'd go with one today. Double points for it being an error since his name is incorrectly spelled. Triple points since Puppa generally rocked the best mullet in hockey goalie history. It was a solid 8 out of 10 on the Jagr scale.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,030. Seem to have gone down 1 in the ongoing database cleanup.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Lithuania featuring a Moose.




I have a mini collection of Moose on postcards, not surprising since wild animals is one of the themes I collect. This car is written and was received through an exchange on an online postcard swap forum. I currently have 16 postcards from Lithuania catalogued in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Are we sure that the moose was still alive when this photo was taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not positive, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were a trail cam photo.

      I've run into my share of moose while hiking, they generally won't let you get too close.

      Delete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...