2024-08-26

A Ranger, A Canadian Heart-breaker and a Sweet Way to Sell Chocolate

Back after 2 days away on the weekend. 


Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 1999 Topps Gold Label #14 featuring Theoren Fleury of the New York Rangers.


Have to admit was never the biggest Fleury fan, but he was certainly a very good player and you have to respect his making it to such a career given his size and some of the things in his background. What he's done after his career is certainly worthy of all the praise you can send his way.


I currently own 16 Fleury cards and 896 New York Rangers cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1999 Upper Deck Black Diamond #11 featuring Dominik Hasek of the Buffalo Sabres.


Figure I will stick in the same year and go with a card of the best goaltender in my lifetime. Just wish it wasn't from that stretch of horrible uniforms the Sabres went through. Give me the classic Blue and Gold. I guess the good news is it isn't the Buffaslug.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were just 1:

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,031 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from France depicting an old time German (assuming based on the language) advertisement for cocoa.

 

The card is French, showing a German ad and was bought in a shop in Copenhagen, Denmark. Old timey advertisements is a theme fairly common on postcards and one I would certainly like to get more of into my collection. I currently have 109 postcards from France catalogued in  my collection.

1 comment:

  1. I was at the peak of my hockey card collecting frenzy back in the 90's, so I admired both of these guys. Fleury always seemed to score against the Sharks whenever they played.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...