2024-08-23

A Tiger, a Punching Bag and a Pokey Tree

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2009 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects #BDP19 featuring Ryan Perry of the Detroit Tigers.


I don't remember Perry at all, maybe I need to brush up on my early 2010's middle relievers, but hey unlike a good chunk of the guys in these Bowman sets, he got to the Big Leagues. Appeared in 156 games over 4 years. No starts, 2 saves, 43 games finished which suggests he was the 'this game is a blowout, so put him in' guy for those teams.


I currently own 1 Perry card and 324 Detroit Tigers cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1996 Pinnacle Summit - Premium Stock parallel #100 featuring Ron Hextall of the Philadelphia Flyers.


Why, not because I'm a Hextall fan, but because whenever I'm feeling down, I just call up the YouTube video of Felix Potvin beating him so bad his ears didn't stop ringing for a month and suddenly I have a smile on my face.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,030 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Arizona, USA 


Fun fact, there are 9 rattlesnakes in this photo. This card is written and was received in an exchange on an online postcard exchange forum. Currently I have 340 postcards from the United States catalogued.


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what a "pokey tree" was. I guess now I know :)

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...