2024-08-22

A Guy Selling Sandwiches, an Oriole and the source of Strawberry Milk

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2014 Press Pass American Thunder #17 featuring Kevin Harvick.


So for the first time Random.org takes us outside the North American Big 4. I don't really collect or follow NASCAR, but someone was selling a really cheap lot of it online locally, and I said 'what the heck, I didn't need that shelf space anyways' and picked it up. Surprised there's no advertising on his forehead, that seems to be one of the biggest spaces of real estate available.

Apparently Harvick was a favourite of whoever put the lot together as it had 39 of his cards which makes up the entirety of my collection of his.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2024 Topps Heritage - White Border parallel #24 featuring Gunnar Henderson of the Baltimore Orioles.


Just a generally clean looking card. Based on the asking price for the 1 I see on COMC, and the box I found it in, I'm guessing the dealer didn't recognize it for what it was (truthfully neither did I). I guess one of the hazards of being a dealer is having to recognize all the short prints, rare parallels etc.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:



My All-time roster project now stands at 15,030 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Switzerland.


Bog standard tourist stuff here. In fact I think I may have bought this at the Zurich airport, it's unwritten and I know I bought it. I currently have 84 postcards from Switzerland catalogued in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...