2024-08-21

A Spirit, a Whaler and a UNESCO Heritage Site

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2012 In the Game Between the Pipes #62 featuring Jake Paterson of the Saginaw Spirit.


I don't remember Paterson at all. Looking him up, he apparently was on a Team Canada for a World Juniors, but he must have been the backup as I have no memory of him. And now knowing that I need to track down his Team Canada Card. Paterson never made the NHL, in fact he barely made the AHL getting into 10 games over 3 years. He spent most of his time in the ECHL. Last look, he was playing in Slovakia.


I currently own 1 Paterson card and 14 Saginaw Spirit cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 1990 Upper Deck Hockey #541 featuring Daryl Reaugh of the Hartford Whalers.


Why? Because it's a chance to feature one of the best jerseys in sports history.



New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,028 combinations. It seems to have changed even though I didn't catalog any cards. Need to dig into my database and see why, likely due to cleanup on multiplayer cards which I don't count.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Turzansk, Poland featuring the St. Michael the Archangel church.


The church is on the UNESCO World Heritage site as part of a grouping of wooded churches or Tserkva in southern Poland and western Ukraine. This particular church belongs to the Polish Orthodox Church, not the Catholic Church. This postcard is unwritten and was received through an exchange on an online postcard exchange group. Churches represent the largest thematic collection I have for cards. I currently have 105 catalogued cards from Poland in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful looking church. Now I'm gonna have to go see if there are pictures available somewhere of the inside...

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...