2024-08-20

A North Star, a Yankee and a Tourist Trap

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2023 Upper Deck Tim Hortons Legends #47 featuring Brian Bellows of the Minnesota North Stars.


Legend ? That might be pushing the definition a little bit. I mean he did score almost 500 goals and play in almost 1,200 games. But he's not in the Hall of Fame, and I don't really recall any outcry about his exclusion. Feels more like one of those guys who put up big numbers during the most offensive oriented era in NHL history.

I currently own 14 Bellows cards and 186 Minnesota North Stars cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2023 Bowman Draft #BD-30 featuring Roc Riggio of the New York Yankees.


No idea if Riggio is a legit prospect or not. Looking him up, he's a career .212 hitter after 2 minor league seasons. Likely just another guy in a Bowman set who never makes The Show. But it's cool to have a card of a guy named Roc Riggio.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:



My All-time roster project now stands at



My random postcard of the day is this card from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada showing well, the Falls.


Niagara Falls is a short drive from where I live, so it's frankly not a big deal for me, no different than Big Ben for someone in London or the Eiffel Tower for a Paris resident etc. It is one of the few places where you can still easily buy postcards here even if they all are on the same theme. This card is unwritten, and I would have bought it there. I currently have 566 catalogued cards from Canada in my collection.


2 comments:

  1. I don't have much interest in Niagara Falls, but I have come across some old postcards as of late that feature daredevils who went over the Falls in various contraptions; and I have to admit, those are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly they weren't even doing it for Instagram likes. They were just morons

      Delete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...