2024-08-29

A Jaguar, a Pirate and a Way for Swedes to get Cheap(er) alcohol

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2021 Panini Chronicles Football #50 featuring Travis Etienne of the Jacksonville Jaguars.


It's a rookie card of a first round pick who has turned into a pretty decent player, so I guess I should be excited about it. However, I'm not. Maybe if Panini didn't release 33 different NFL sets that year assuming I counted correctly, which is only the Panini branded ones, not counting Donruss, Score, Zenith etc.

I currently have 5 Etienne cards catalogued in my collection and 159 Jacksonville Jaguars cards.



My favourite new card I added to my catalogue recently is this 2022 Topps Stadium Club - Black Foil parallel #205 featuring Roansy Contreras of the Pittsburgh Pirates.


Just a typical quality Stadium Club effort. The Bucs are one of 2 MLB teams I would sort of say I am a team collector of, but not to the same focus as the Jays. Like many, I'm a fan of Stadium Club, just wish it was easier to find locally, there doesn't seem to be much of it around at local shows etc.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were none.

My All-time roster project now stands at 15,040 combinations.



My random postcard of the day is this card from Sweden showing the Oresundsbron bridge.


The bridge which is both a rail and road bridge links Malmo in Sweden to Copenhagen in Denmark. The brige section is 8km long while the tunnel is 4km. The switchover point is a manmade island. Cute story, there was a natural island about 1km away called Saltholm. So what did they name the artificial island - Peberholm. Who says Scandinavians are all serious and have no sense of humour?

You can get cards of the bridge in either nation, but this one is Swedish. It is unwritten and I bought it in Malmo. I currently have 90 postcards from Sweden catalogued in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I can say I've been on that bridge. Son played in the Gothia Cup in Goteberg and we then bussed down to Copenhagen for the flight home.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...