2024-07-31

A Bull, A Maple Leaf and some Birds

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. 2011 Hoops #56 featuring Richard Hamilton of the Chicago Bulls. Kind of a meh design and card, but face-masked Rip is always at least a bit of a nice deal.


I currently own 5 Richard Hamilton cards and 134 Chicago Bulls cards.


My favourite new card I added to my catalogue yesterday is this 2024 Upper Deck All-Star Toronto AS-AM card of Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I picked it up at a show on the weekend, had never seen this card or the design before, and it wasn't even pictured on TCDB. It is part of an 8 card promo set issued by Upper Deck in conjunction with the 2024 NHL All-Star game. I found a few others from the set in the same bargain box. Needless to say, I did not find the Connor Bedard card from the set in that box.


New additions to my all-time roster project catalogued yesterday were:


My All-time roster project now stands at 15,113 combinations.


My random postcard of the day is this card from New Zealand featuring 5 native birds. Any postcard featuring native wildlife will always be a winner for me. This card is unused and was bought at an antique mall vendor stall. I currently own 19 postcards from New Zealand.



4 comments:

  1. Good read, looking forward to following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to see a new card blogger. I cut back on collecting hockey and basketball a few years ago, but still enjoy reading about them.

    P.S. Tom @ The Angels In Order directed me here.

    ReplyDelete

A Viking, A Viking (SKOL!) and a Window to the Stars.

 Random.org chose the following as my random card of the day. This 2020 Panini Select #37 featuring C.J. Ham of the Minnesota Vikings. Ham a...